Best Double Stroller Of 2014 – With Ratings, Photos & Videos
As the name suggests double strollers are specially designed sitting or standing places for two toddlers who can share it with equal comfort and convenience. Double strollers come in various shapes and colours and fittings making it easy for the parent or guardian to freely carry the kid at any place without much botheration. It would mostly be suitable for those kids who are born as twins or if there is a difference of two years between siblings. Also if the family is large and if there two cousins of the same age then, even they can make use of double strollers.
The Best double Strollers:
1. Graco DuoGlider Folding Double Baby Stroller w/ Car Seat travel set– Dragonfly
- Graco double stroller like many other car seat and stroller combos is very convenient and light to carry.
- The seating arrangement is more stadiumlike, making it a very unique product.
- The backseat can recline very flat making it comfortable and convenient for the child to freely move as per his convenience. A must have for all the growing families.
- Click to watch video and read more about Graco DuoGlider Folding Double Baby Stroller w/ Car Seat
Graco Duoglider is the most affordable item in this category. Plus, perfect fit for twins. Click to check more features here
2. Bob Revolution SE Duallie Stroller
- This unique double stroller falls under the category of All Terrain double strollers as there are three wheels and the best part is that the front wheel can be locked.
- Apart from that it also has canopies which can be positioned depending upon the climate for the best protection of the kid.
- It comes in two colours black and orange and has a five year warranty for the frame and one year warranty for small parts.
- Click to watch video and read more about Bob Revolution SE Duallie Stroller
3. Britax-B- Agile Double Stroller
- The best feature of this type of double stroller is that it gets folded very easily and re-opening is also not very strainful.
- The lock system makes it easy to get folded and can be placed in a corner without occupying much space.
- The weight is also very light and the heigt is also adjustable making it a very flexible product. Most ideal for new born kids upto 50 pounds.
- Click to watch video and read more about Britax-B- Agile Double Stroller
4. Joovy Scooter X 2 double Stroller
- With a very good reclining system, the joovy Scooter X 2 double stroller has sealed bearings so there is no need to fold it as it can be easily pushed even with the capacity of 90 pounds.
- The seats are fully adjustable without disturbing each other and hence the other kid will not be affected.
- Click to watch video and read more about Joovy Scooter X 2 double Stroller
5. Summit X3 Double
- This double stroller is unique in a way that it operates through a remote control .
- The maximum weight capacity of this stroller is 100 pounds.
- Due to the remote control facility the all wheel suspension system is excellent and can make it an ideal choice for parents or caregivers who want all in one facility in a double stroller.
- Click to watch video and read more about Summit X3 Double
Parameters to kept in mind while selecting the best double stroller
- Knowledge of the best double stroller
There are in all six types of double strollers each with a different feature and colour combination. The first and the foremost would be the purpose of buying a double stroller. Whether it is for residential purpose only or if there would be frequent outings. So depending upon the actual need the buyer should select the best out of the six options. Hence a proper review should be done of the best type of double stroller.
- Price of the double stroller
It would be wise to fix a budget for the type of double stroller that you require. It is good to spend a little more as this is a special product bought for infants who still don’t even know how to walk. Depending upon the budget the best double stroller can be selected.
- Best management of kids
Depending upon the age of the kids, the best double stroller can be chosen. For ex. There is one kid who cannot stand, in that case sit and stand double stroller can be chosen so that it can cater to the needs of both. The ultimate objective to manage the kids in the best possible manner. At the same time the comfort of the parent should also be given due importance. Here it becomes very important that buyer selects the double stroller with the best features available.
- Weight and size
There are some models which are of moderate weight but the sit and stand ones and the ones with an umbrella cover are a little hefty. The buyer should ascertain about the weight and incase they have a vehicle, whether the double stroller will be able to fit inside the vehicle. This is very important because the double stroller should be able to fit itself in the vehicle not causing much problem for the people.
To give you a clear idea, listed below are the different kinds of double strollers:
1) Side by side or Twin Rollers
These double strollers are made in such a way that the seats are adjacent to each other giving a proper view to the kids. Hence if they visit a public park or a place with a lot of greenery, they will feel happy and pleasant with such compact double strollers.
2) Tandem Strollers
Unlike the previous one, best tandem double strollers are made in a such a way that the seats are one behind the other. The backseat can recline fully and the front seat reclines only halfway. So the elder one can be at the back and the younger one in the front, thereby catering to the needs of both.
3) All Terrain Double Strollers
As the name suggests, these are double strollers which can be used on all kinds of surfaces. There is a single wheel in the front making it extremely convenient for the free movement of the double stroller. In case the parents are trekking cautious or if they enjoy hiking or love going to beaches, they can use such strollers.
4) Sit and Stand Strollers
If there are two kids who are spaced quite years apart, the sit and the stand strollers would be the best option for them. The elder one who already knows the wonders of walking can be at the back while the new one can be in the front. The elder one who is standing can also move down if need be and an again catch the stroller.
5) Umbrella Double Strollers
These strollers can handle children who are six months old or more. The handle of this stroller is j shaped and so pushing it is quite convenient. For those parents who travel extensively, these strollers are appropriate as they are light weight and can be easily be handled while moving on to an airport or different types of entrances.
6) Double Jogging Strollers
These are the strollers highly similar to the All –terrain double strollers as they have three wheels and can be used by parents who enjoy running as exercise. The wheels are also bicycle wheels so even using them while running would not be a major problem. Despite this the baby would be comfortable and and will remain unhurt.